How can I learn and practice for the exam for CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst certification?
MiltonMarketing.com offers FREE courses in CompTIA related cybersecurity content. These CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst certification like courses include on-line lessons and an on-line final quiz: (content overview.)
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – introduction to routing and switching
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – network protocols and services and network scripting
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – networks and it’s security
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – how to implement/best practices about security in an infrastructure
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – ethical hacking, and computer configuration
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – how to audit/check the already implemented security infrastructure
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – how to manage the risks in a security infrastructure
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – the governance around security
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – how to hack (ethically) a computer system
- Cybersecurity Analyst certification – Social Engineering
What Is on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Detect various types of compromise and understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
The CompTIA Security+ exam focuses on today’s best practices for risk management and risk mitigation, including more emphasis on the practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
How Many Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam has no more than 90 questions. After completing the exam, you will be asked to fill out some optional exit survey information about your study practices and why you decided to get certified. This will consist of about 12 multiple-choice questions.
What Types of Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam includes a combination of multiple-choice questions, drag and drop activities, and performance-based items. The multiple-choice questions are single- and multiple- response. Performance-based items test your ability to solve problems in a simulated environment.
Remember to manage your time wisely when solving these problems on your exam. Most of these questions will appear at the beginning of the exam and you won’t be able to see a clock when working on the items.
What Are the CompTIA Security+ Exam Domains, and What Do They Cover?
The CompTIA Security+ exam includes the following domains and topics:
- Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities: Analyze indicators of compromise and determine types of malware or compare and contrast types of attacks
- Identity and Access Management: Implement identity and access management controls or differentiate common account management practices
- Technologies and Tools: Troubleshoot common security issues or deploy mobile devices securely
- Risk Management: Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organizational security
- Architecture and Design: Summarize secure application development, deployment, cloud and virtualization concepts
- Cryptography and PKI: Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography or implement public key infrastructure
How Long Is the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
You will have 90 minutes to complete the exam. This does not include the time necessary to check in at the testing center, so plan to arrive early.
Ready for a Career in Security?
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CompTIA Security+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA Security+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!